Join the Mason Construction team. We've been family owned for over 70 years, and appreciate the success our employees have helped us build.
We are currently hiring for experienced industrial carpenters, concrete finishers, heavy equipment operators, pile drivers, and certified crane operators.
Please apply in person at our Beaumont location and bring copies of any credentials, including identification. Positions are to be filled immediately pending employment screening such as pre-employment drug test and physical, as well as background checks.
Pay depends on experience and no information is available by phone.
Finish Grade Operator
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Beaumont, TX
As a Finish Grade Heavy Equipment Operator on our team, you will work on construction projects and may also work in pits to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform all work tasks with the highest level of quality.
- Perform job tasks efficiently to ensure that production remains on schedule.
- Ensure that any unsafe acts or conditions are reported to your immediate supervisor immediately to avoid accident or injury.
- Maintain jobsite cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure that a One Call has been performed and that underground utilities are located and marked prior to excavating; when required.
- Safely operates heavy equipment to excavate, move, load, and grade earth, rock, gravel and other materials.
- Reads grade stakes and works with surveyors, laser, or GPS to maintain grade.
- Works closely with other crew members using hand signals to coordinate work and ensure safety.
- Utilize a spotter or flagger when working in restricted access areas, when visibility of the work zone is limited, or when working close to high traffic areas.
- Takes special care when operating equipment in close proximity to other workers, traffic, facility equipment, overhead lines and underground utilities.
- Performs daily inspection and maintenance and ensures that machine is in safe, proper working order including fluid checks and proper lubrication.
- Reports to supervisor when equipment needs maintenance and repair.
- Keeps equipment clean and prepares equipment for transport when needed.
- Follows Supervisor’s instructions closely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
- Understand and adhere to equipment operator’s manual.
- 5 Years experience.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.