Join the Mason Construction team. We've been family owned for over 70 years, and appreciate the success our employees have helped us build.
We are currently hiring for experienced industrial carpenters, concrete finishers, heavy equipment operators, pile drivers, and certified crane operators.
Please apply in person at our Beaumont location and bring copies of any credentials, including identification. Positions are to be filled immediately pending employment screening such as pre-employment drug test and physical, as well as background checks.
Pay depends on experience and no information is available by phone.
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: Beaumont, TX
As a form carpenter on our team, you will build concrete forms and assist with other activities on a construction project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform all work tasks with the highest level of quality.
- Perform job tasks efficiently to ensure that production remains on schedule.
- Ensure that any unsafe acts or conditions are reported to your immediate supervisor immediately to avoid accident or injury.
- Maintain job-site cleanliness at all times.
- Work to complete construction and placement of concrete forms (including hand set forms, crane set forms, and plywood forms).
- Ensure forms are properly designed and on grade to meet construction specifications for project.
- Assists other workers with general labor activities when required.
- Use of levels and measuring tapes in the use of setting forms to grade.
- Ability to set grade with minimal supervision.
- Be aware of changes to materials and techniques. Adapt easily to those changes.
- Work with a variety of hand (sledge hammer, carpenter and concrete finishing tools ), power tools (hand saws, drills) and equipment (chipping gun and jack hammer) used in concrete work.
- Work with and around other crews that use heavy construction equipment.
- Perform work in an outdoor construction site setting.
- Bring to Foreman’s attention any concerns or irregularities in materials being used.
- Be aware of proper procedures for traffic control and flagging of equipment.
- Follow safe work practices when using tools & equipment.
- Utilize proper personal protective equipment.
- Assists with pouring and finishing of concrete.
Skills and Abilities:
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
- 5 Years Experience
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 80 pounds.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.